Community discussions

MikroTik App

florin
just joined
Topic Author

VLAN's and Wireless Bridging

Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:55 pm

Hello,

I am looking to put Cisco 1300 in work as AP, and I would like to implement VLAN's , in order to seperate more efficiently subnets, and also use two SSID.
AS bacbone I am using Mikrotik 5 Ghz solutions, with two AP, using WDS.
I would like also VLAN created in CIsco 1300 to last through Mikrotik Bridges to come to Cisco Switch, or Router, where can I also use the VLAN's created in Wireless Cisco 1300.
I didn't try yet, but can somebody point to an issue, can it be done??
Regards,
Florin

YazzY
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:23 pm

You can create EoIP tunnels if you have MT boxes on both ends and connect VLAN switches to them. Each end of your EoIP tunnel will have it's own IP. Then you bridge them with your interfaces connected to the Cisco switches where you've set up VLAN trunks.
Last edited by YazzY on Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YazzY
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:25 pm

You can create EoIP tunnels if you have MT boxes on both ends and connect VLAN switches to them. Each end of your EoIP tunnel will have it's own IP. Then you bridge them with your interfaces connected to the Cisco switches where you've set up VLAN trunks.

denialsander

Re: VLAN's and Wireless Bridging

Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:37 pm

Hello Florin,

as far as I know, the scenario you describe should work fine. :) You can add different VLANs on your backbone units using

/interface vlan

I am not sure how RouterOS handles VLAN inside VLAN (trunking), but somebody with experience on this could perhaps share information? ;)

Best regards,
D.