Community discussions

MikroTik App

benoitc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

CCR2004-1G-12S+2xS: error action timed out

Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:10 pm

Is this an issue with the hardware or a software bug? I have the following error with the CCR2004-1G-12S+2xS:
[benoitc@ENKI-R1] > /routing/bgp/session/print
Flags: E - established
action timed out - try again, if error continues contact MikroTik support and send a supout file (13)
This also happen with the templates and connections lists maybe others I didn't check. The connection is also lost after some time. I provided a supout file to the mikrotik team but waiting that i am wondering if some of you reproduced such errors. I am using RouterOS 7.8, but this was also reproducibile withe the 7.7 (and most probably before).

The setup is pretty simple, there are only 1 GRE tunnel and a dual homed BGP configurationusing a default route . No NAT. Any feedback is welcome.

benoitc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: CCR2004-1G-12S+2xS: error action timed out

Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:39 am

anyone? Looks like a bug for me but no answers from support still...

benoitc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: CCR2004-1G-12S+2xS: error action timed out  [SOLVED]

Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:04 am

i added more info to the support and will close this topic.

For the record i had an ip wrongly set a loopback bridge instead of the interface. This was creating a loop and only one core was used 100%. which was for some reason blockings other tasks while routing was still OK... Anyway if it alao happen for you watch at the CPU usage :)

DaveBrowning
just joined

Re: CCR2004-1G-12S+2xS: error action timed out

Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:39 am

i added more info to the support and will close this topic.

For the record i had an ip wrongly set a loopback bridge instead of the interface. This was creating a loop and only one core was used 100%. which was for some reason blockings other tasks while routing was still OK... Anyway if it alao happen for you watch at the CPU usage :)
Hey Mate, what do you mean by this? I have the same problem, and I Have a loopback IP sitting on a bridge (with no ports in it), which is what I have always done to mimic a loopback interface.