Community discussions

MikroTik App

valypetre
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

I want to avoid routing !

Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:50 pm

How can I avoid routing on a mikrotik so that I can build a transparent AP ? If i have a ethernet card and a wireless card and i put them in bridge... will they forward traffic transparently ? I would like something like this : Server 10.3.1.1 -> eth mikrotik 192.168.1.x -> wireless mikrotik 192.168.x.x (doesn`t matter... any private IP) -> client [ip 10.3.1.x gateway 10.3.1.1.] HELP !

gmsmstr
Trainer
Trainer

Re: I want to avoid routing !

Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:53 pm

If you bridge the AP and ethernet, as long as the wireless card is in AP MODE, its fine.
Another thing to do would be to turn off connection tracking. Then I would connect these to a more powerful MT and route at the bottom on the tower.. !

valypetre
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:57 pm

If you bridge the AP and ethernet, as long as the wireless card is in AP MODE, its fine.
Another thing to do would be to turn off connection tracking. Then I would connect these to a more powerful MT and route at the bottom on the tower.. !
Turn off connection tracking... what does this button do ? :)) where is that option ?

gmsmstr
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:46 pm

Connection tracking is very important if you want to do bandwidth controls, nat things like that, its under the connections settings in the firewall. By turning off that, you will allow the processor to just do what it needs to do then, like I said, bring that down the a big powerful MT to do routing. I would not build much with bridges.