MikroTik App

mstead
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Keep Frequency, Set CPU Frequency

Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:46 pm

Hi,

Where has the option to change the CPU frequency gone? It used to be in system/routerboard/settings but I cannot see it any more?

For anyone dying to post a smart assed "research before asking" comment I have trawled all over the place for the answer.

For anyone who is going to suggest "use a null modem cable" they can climb to all the hard to reach places for me!!

Regards,

Malcolm

jwcn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Keep Frequency, Set CPU Frequency

Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:25 am

How about lose the attitude or get lost. We are all volunteers here if you're looking for someone to shit on find someone you can pay.

mstead
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:29 am

How about lose the attitude or get lost. We are all volunteers here if you're looking for someone to shit on find someone you can pay.
I'm not wanting to start a flame war here but I seem to be getting a lot of attitude from certain members here and was just saying that I'm not interested in hearing it. So jwcn please stop posting this kind of stuff in reply to my questions. Thank you.

P.S. A sense of humour is always helpful

Alex
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:01 pm

I have this bug on rb532 with RC9

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:54 pm

you cant change cpu speed on a lot of the boards can you ? the new r532 board is 400mhz so i assume its not available on that one.

GotNet

Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:25 am

I'm not wanting to start a flame war here but I seem to be getting a lot of attitude from certain members here and was just saying that I'm not interested in hearing it. So jwcn please stop posting this kind of stuff in reply to my questions. Thank you.

P.S. A sense of humour is always helpful
27 posts and an attitude from members?

Alex
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:14 am

you cant change cpu speed on a lot of the boards can you ? the new r532 board is 400mhz so i assume its not available on that one.
I have 532r5 with 2.9.48 and I`m able to change speed of this board.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:40 pm

we will try to fix it in the next version.

BrianHiggins
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:28 am

heh, wish I'd have seen this post before we installed rc8 on a old 532 i found laying around (by old I mean it had a firmware beta 9, and 2.9.2 installed on it, and doesn't have support for 48v input, essentially a beta of the 532 board)

one of the other guys decided he'd step up the cpu to 399mhz on it, after it was already in an enclosure (not realizing it was too old to support that cpu speed stable)... after many tries, and half a dozen system hangs, I was finally able to get into a mac-telnet session, only to find the cpu-frequency command missing, so I tried to downgrade it, and it froze half way through the process, leaving me the only option of netinstall, after re-setting the cpu settings to 333mhz via the serial cable.

now that's done, it's back running RC8 with a r52 radio, and wonderfully stable pushing a constant 6-8 mbps of traffic for the last 5 days...

mstead
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:16 pm

we will try to fix it in the next version.
Thanks Uldis. Would be great if you could do that. I'm still running some older 532's. I think the memory leak in v3rc6 caused the watchdog timer to kick in and reset the clock back to 266MHz.

Regards,

Malcolm