Community discussions

MikroTik App

martinhudec
just joined
Topic Author

WinBox - configuration option for download folder on the PC

Sat May 06, 2023 7:39 pm

Hello,

is there a possibility to configure where the WinBox would download the files from the router for example when downloading via Windows / File list / File? Currently it just brings a window with Desktop, <Windows username>, This PC, Libraries and Network... and I always have to click through to the destination directory any time I want to download something from the router to my PC.

I am using WinBox 3.38 on Windows 10.

I haven't found anything that could hold such configuration option in the C:\Users\<Windows username>\AppData\Roaming\Mikrotik\Winbox, also forum search yielded no clues.

Thank you for your time,
Martin

BrianHiggins
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: WinBox - configuration option for download folder on the PC  [SOLVED]

Mon May 08, 2023 10:34 pm

Hello,

is there a possibility to configure where the WinBox would download the files from the router for example when downloading via Windows / File list / File? Currently it just brings a window with Desktop, <Windows username>, This PC, Libraries and Network... and I always have to click through to the destination directory any time I want to download something from the router to my PC.

I am using WinBox 3.38 on Windows 10.

I haven't found anything that could hold such configuration option in the C:\Users\<Windows username>\AppData\Roaming\Mikrotik\Winbox, also forum search yielded no clues.

Thank you for your time,
Martin
Not sure about that, but you can simply drag and drop files between winbox and any folder on your PC, including the desktop. In nearly 20 years I've never once used the right click & download option.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: WinBox - configuration option for download folder on the PC

Tue May 09, 2023 12:27 am

Really? Thats what you want MT to focus on, sounds like sheer laziness......... Has nothing to do with routing needs.
Now if it poured a bowl of cereal and made coffee in the morning that I could get onboard with.............

martinhudec
just joined
Topic Author

Tue May 09, 2023 12:52 am

Really? Thats what you want MT to focus on, sounds like sheer laziness......... Has nothing to do with routing needs.
Now if it poured a bowl of cereal and made coffee in the morning that I could get onboard with.............
Thank you for your contribution.

martinhudec
just joined
Topic Author

Tue May 09, 2023 12:56 am

Not sure about that, but you can simply drag and drop files between winbox and any folder on your PC, including the desktop. In nearly 20 years I've never once used the right click & download option.
Nice, I never realized I could use drag and drop here (I very rarely use it in Windows too, so I completely overlooked that this is a possibility).... thank you, Brian.

Have a nice day,
Martin