Community discussions

MikroTik App

vuk
just joined
Topic Author

hap ax^3 speed issues  [SOLVED]

Tue May 09, 2023 12:16 am

Hi,

I just got my hap ax^3, which replaced my ac^3. All seemed to be working fine, but wired speed measured via speedtest.net is weird: download is max. 500-600 mbps, while upload max. is 5 mbps.
My internet connection is fiber, 1000/300, the ac^3 was able to push it to the limit, no idea what might be wrong with the ax^3.

The config from the ac^3 is restored on the ax^3.
Any ideas?

Should I upload logs, support file, config, etc?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE:

it seems like the /interface/bridge protocol-mode was set to "none"
after setting it to "stp" or "rstp", the dl/ul speed got back to 1000/300

I will take a look in my previous ac^3 to see, how it was configured there and why that config was not applied on ax^3 with the backup....

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: hap ax^3 speed issues

Tue May 09, 2023 9:11 am

If the above means "make (binary) backup on ac3, transfer teh fiel to ax3 and restore it from backup" ... then it's the wrong thing to do, binary backup fles are really intended to be restored on very same device ... and work (with a few gotchas) on other devices of same model. But can screw things (in various ways) when files are restored on another device model.

PeterXC
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue May 09, 2023 10:03 am

If the above means "make (binary) backup on ac3, transfer teh fiel to ax3 and restore it from backup" ... then it's the wrong thing to do, binary backup fles are really intended to be restored on very same device ... and work (with a few gotchas) on other devices of same model. But can screw things (in various ways) when files are restored on another device model.
I think there is no good and easy way to do it.
I used the "export" script to load it to the replaced ax3, and it failed. Both wifi interfaces were not initiated correctly.
It was export from one ax3 to another.
There should be an export method which would skip hw specific data, like mac addresses

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 09, 2023 11:29 am

There should be an export method which would skip hw specific data, like mac addresses
Export generally works, but you have to start off with empty (reset with no config) receiver. The reason bening that export lists differences against plain config which is not default config. When exporting config with intent to copy it to another device, make sure you use show-sensitive property on export command ... without it some sensitive settings (such as wireless/pppoe/VPN passwords) are not exported. Also some settings are never exported, such as security certificates, users, etc.

PeterXC
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue May 09, 2023 8:47 pm

Export generally works, but you have to start off with empty (reset with no config) receiver. The reason bening that export lists differences against plain config which is not default config. When exporting config with intent to copy it to another device, make sure you use show-sensitive property on export command ... without it some sensitive settings (such as wireless/pppoe/VPN passwords) are not exported. Also some settings are never exported, such as security certificates, users, etc.
What about mac addresses? Won't the export overwrite it to the ones from old devices?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 09, 2023 10:46 pm

MAC addresses, if not manually changed, fall in the "plain config" category ... so they won't be in export. Manually set (most frequently bridge MAC address or slave wireless interfaces MAC addresses) are in export.