Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

Rom
just joined
Topic Author

Support for PCI ADSL cards

Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:25 am

Hi all,

I'm new to Mikrotik but my ISP and I have configured it already, using it to bond four DSL lines right now (24Mbit downstream, 3Mbit upstream). It's been working flawlessly for the past couple of weeks and I am very happy with it... However, what I really don't like about about it is that we are having to use four seperate DSL modems to bridge to four seperate ethernet ports (via VLANs on a switch).

Anyway, I looked at the hardware compatibility list and it looks like only one xDSL PCI card is supported, and even that is only a 2.3Mbit card for SDSL only. What would be ideal is support for an ADSL PCI card that can handle 6Mbit or more... Then I could have it all self-contained in one system with the phone lines plugged straight in to the back of four PCI ADSL cards in a rack-mounted system.

So, does Mikrotik support an ADSL card (maybe undocumented?), or does anyone know when it might...?

Thanks!

Rom

airstream
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Support for PCI ADSL cards

Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:36 am

This is a good question, we have several ADSL PCI modems (IteX Chipset), it would be great if they worked in ROS V3
Keep tryin' its bound to work!!
-----
-----
ROOT@COSMOS> Reality.sys corrupted -- Reboot Universe (Y/N)?
>_

csickles
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Support for PCI ADSL cards

Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:16 am

Not...

Have been asking for YEARS, but not enough demand..

you can use ethernet connected adsl modems now (I do)..

I belive they are working on USB modems currently..

Craig
Things that make you go "Hmmmmmmmm"...

Craig