MikroTik App

savage
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Radius Reply

Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:54 pm

Lo all,

I'm trying to get to authenticate users logging in to the MT (telnet / ftp / web / etc) via Radius. I've managed to get most working, but I don't think my radius replies are correct. The MT Web site isn't very accurate about what is expected back from the Radius server....

My initial reply after a successfull authentication is:
Sending Access-Accept of id 26342 to x.x.x.x:1028
Acct-Interim-Interval = 300
Group = "full"
Idle-Timeout = 300
Service-Type = Login-User
However, the MT still replies with a invalid username / password (and yes, the Radius server does authenticate the user correctly). What exactly is required in the reply for the login service on MT?

edzix

Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:40 am

if the RADIUS server accepts the login request then try to increase the 'timeout' valur under '/radius' menu.

Edgars

savage
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:44 am

There's nothing wrong with the timeout values, or the radius server. MT doesn't like the Group Attribute.

If I take the group Attribute out, or send a group name - which DOES NOT exist, the MT accepts the login - but with the "default" group configured in the MT.

The moment I specify a group name in Radius that does exist on the MT - the MT denies the login, regardless of what the Radius server says.

edzix

Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:49 am

what version are you using?I mean RouterOS..In the older versions there was a bug related to Group attribute. Please, make an upgrade to the newest version!

Edgars