MikroTik App

medube
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Upgrading from 2.9.x to 3.0?

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:19 pm

Hi all,

I had this on another thread for some days now and no reply, perhaps because the title of that thread was for something else, but similar :D I hope by giving it a title of its own may help out :D

I'm currently running Router OS 2.9.42 on nearly all my APs/servers and want to upgrade to the new 3.0 RC9 to see improvements and changes. I do not want to upgrade all, maybe just 1. Are there any drastic changes to know about? I remember when I upgraded from 2.8.x to 2.9.x the hotspot was changed and everything went haywire for me. Also I notice there is no webproxy package in 3.0, what happened to it? What happens to users like me running the transparent webproxy the former Router OS use to have?

Hope to hear from someone soon.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Upgrading from 2.9.x to 3.0?

Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:39 am

webproxy package is integrated now. there should be nothing that breaks your setup, and although there are a lot of improvements, nothing should break.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

medube
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:08 pm

Hi Normis,

Thanks for the help. I managed to upgrade my webproxy to 3.0 RC9. Please find my config below for the webproxy, which seems to be giving me some headache:

enabled: yes
src-address: 0.0.0.0
port: 8081
parent-proxy: 0.0.0.0
parent-proxy-port: 0
cache-drive: system
cache-administrator: "webmaster"
max-cache-size: 1139000KiB
cache-on-disk: no
max-client-connections: 600
max-server-connections: 600
max-fresh-time: 3d
serialize-connections: no
cache-hit-dscp: 4

I cannot seem to increase the max-cache-size to anything higher, perhaps 8Gb. I know I have enough space, so is there anything I am doing wrong? Also I notice when I select cache on disk, the webproxy package just freezes up. Any help will be highly appreciated.

medube
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:12 pm

I have downgraded my proxy server because after monitoring for like 5 hours, I notice that everything had a delay. Opening webpages, downloading files, etc all took so much time in working. As soon as I downgraded back to 2.9.43 everything worked just fine. Has anyone else seen this problem with the new 3.0 RC9?

cylent

Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:25 pm

I have downgraded my proxy server because after monitoring for like 5 hours, I notice that everything had a delay. Opening webpages, downloading files, etc all took so much time in working. As soon as I downgraded back to 2.9.43 everything worked just fine. Has anyone else seen this problem with the new 3.0 RC9?
ya i noticed that also
[admin@Shahrazad] /ip proxy> print
                 enabled: no
             src-address: 0.0.0.0
                    port: 8080,80
            parent-proxy: 0.0.0.0
       parent-proxy-port: 0
             cache-drive: system
     cache-administrator: "webmaster"
          max-cache-size: 332000KiB
           cache-on-disk: yes
  max-client-connections: 1000
  max-server-connections: 1000
          max-fresh-time: 3d
   serialize-connections: no
       always-from-cache: no
          cache-hit-dscp: 4

why is there a delay?
when disabled delay is gone.
i really would like to use the proxy to help make pages faster but its just slowing things down.

dev team?

sandov63

Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:24 pm

webproxy package is integrated now. there should be nothing that breaks your setup, and although there are a lot of improvements, nothing should break.

Could yo tell me where is web-proxy? i upgrade from 2.50 to 3.0 and i have a message some like '192.168.100.49 to http://www.hotmail.com error cache miss' and the web-proxy package doesnt exist ,, where is it? if it is integrated where i manage it? in wich ip --- > menu its ?

regards my friend ,,
Cuando la ignorancia se impone, la razon cordialmente cede el paso.