Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

Lucky Phil
just joined
Topic Author

routing (rip or bgp)

Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:33 pm

I have two RB153's, I am trying to set up a static route between them using wireless cards with no luck.
I have got one as an ap and the other as a station, and have a good connection.
One of the routers will have my adsl on it and i want the other one to be able to access it.
I have been searching the forum but can't sort out the route.
Can someone explain how to setup the route i should use? I would also like to connect a RB133C
to the system later on so would it be better to setup all three routers at the same time or
just get the two going first?
Thanks in advance
Philip

jacoblydon
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: routing (rip or bgp)

Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:21 am

I have two RB153's, I am trying to set up a static route between them using wireless cards with no luck.
I have got one as an ap and the other as a station, and have a good connection.
One of the routers will have my adsl on it and i want the other one to be able to access it.
I have been searching the forum but can't sort out the route.
Can someone explain how to setup the route i should use? I would also like to connect a RB133C
to the system later on so would it be better to setup all three routers at the same time or
just get the two going first?
Thanks in advance

Set ap as AP-bridge, create bridge(+bridge, add ports, ether1 and wlan1 to the bridge. Put gateway of DSL router as gateway of your AP, stay on same subnet of DSL router 207.206.133.1,2,3,etc. Apply SSID on AP put in same SSID on client or station. Does this help? !you must have bridge! that was my first mistake too!