Community discussions

ekkas
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Upgrading many units

Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:01 am

On the issue of upgrading many units; I wrote a windows app that manage all my MT units where you specify IP, platform(RB100/500/333, x86), ROS version, username, password & reboot order. Then when it's time to upgrade, you select the package files, it will FTP the proper ones to all units and when you're done, you can reboot all in a certain order by one click. You can also upgrade firmware without manually logging into each one.
If there is enough interest in such an app, I can maybe extract it from my larger program and make it available...

Ekkas

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Upgrading many units

Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:14 am

Good job !

Have you checked Dude program ?
As far as I know there is the same functionality to upgrade routers, when you can select any router on the map and upgrade to the required version.

GuJack20
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:34 am

Yeah.Dude can do that (though i haven't tested it). Anyway if Ekkas wants to share it would be very nice...
--Do you remember that guy who gave up? Neither does anybody else!

ekkas
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:27 pm

Yes sergejs, I use Dude all the time, but only for my backbone, to add all clients is just to busy a map. With the app I use now, it is a database list of all units and with automated FTP & telnet, the job gets done easier. Don't get me wrong, I love dude... There is a few issues with 3.0 that have some strange behaviour with Telnet though, but in time I'll log post again some questions on that, e.g. see
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... 62&e=92162

GuJack20, I'll see if there is a few more responses before I spent the hours to make it, and yes, I'll share for free...