Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

rarbolay
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

WDS nodes, Meraki,etc

Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:16 am

I've asked this before but received bupkus for help. I am about to expand into a new market. I am happy with Mikrotik, but (BIG BUTT) I want to be able to mesh my CPEs in the new market. I want not only fixed CPEs but mobile customers to be able to login and incidental customers to be able to use hotspot to get service. I am testing 3 different rigs. A 2 radio card CPE (RB133) on 5.8ghz client connected to the main AP and 2.4ghz AP connected to an omni to provide both mobile and hotspot at every location. The second setup would be an RB133 with a single 2.4 ghz card and running WDS to do both the client function and the hotspot function. 3 a Meraki solution. Here are my problems:
Solution a: Unless the APs are WDS mesh the customers would have to reconnect as they move. This is also a somewhat expensive solution (2 cards + 2 antennas)
Solution b:Less expensive both Ive yet to see a usable explanation of how to set this up.
Solution c: About the same price as solution a but much easier to implement. Meraki has hosted services and a very easy to use console, plus the cpe's self configure. My only concenr is that they control the network, not me.

So, Mikrotik will win out IF, I can get some help on how to implement solution b.

hroubaix
just joined

Re: WDS nodes, Meraki,etc

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:03 pm

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to flush the meraki devices with the mikrotik OS.