Community discussions

lcrhea25
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

User Manager Sign Up Page

Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:57 pm

I have got my hotspot and user manager working together fine but when you connect to the hotspot and start Internet Explorer the page comes up wanting a user name a password. How do I get it to bring up the user manager sign up page for users who have never used it and need to create and pay for a new account. I can type in the http://routerIP/user?signup=publicID it the page comes up just fine but custmers won't know to type that in.

Thank you

Larry

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: User Manager Sign Up Page

Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:02 pm

I thought this wasn't quite right as well. I've edited the html and placed a link in there - but it seems like MT should update that so it acts like the trial link ... allow you to choose if you want the signup link shown as well.

Sam
Colo and Wholesale Bandwidth Available! Sales at SanDiegoBroadband dot com

lcrhea25
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:06 pm

Which html file was it that you edited? I really haven't been able to tell which one it is but I could just be looking at it wrong.

Thanks

Larry

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:53 pm

this is being discussed in another topic too. the answer is to put the user manager address in the walled garden of the hotspot - so it can be accessed without logging in.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:45 pm

i wasnt talking about the physical security of it, just that there is no way for the end user to know how to find the signup page ... there is no link by default and I'm sure an end user isn't going to guess /user?signup=publicID ... the login.html page should be edited to allow a link to be pointed there.

Sam
Colo and Wholesale Bandwidth Available! Sales at SanDiegoBroadband dot com

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:11 pm

I guess you are right. But not always do you use user manager with hotspot, so you should edit it when needed. We can't have it as default.
No answer to your question? How to write posts