Community discussions

MikroTik App

Pablo_M
just joined
Topic Author

Can frequency diversity be made with mktik?

Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:46 am

Hi,

a) Can frequency diversity be made with mktik? -
My question is, whether it is possile to use a single motherboard and two radio cards. Both pigtails link to a RF splitter (two inpus and one output), and the output to a single antenna, thus having two parallel radio links separated in frequency.

b) Can be done using dual-nstreme with only one antena?

Tanks!

cmit
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Can frequency diversity be made with mktik?

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:23 am

a) can be done using something called a diplexer. There were some discussions around that here in the forum.
See here for example: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... t=diplexer.

b) In theory you can do Dual-NStreme with one antenne. Either using a diplexer (see above) using a "normal" antenna.
Or by using a dual-polarized antenne (which is having two antenna connectors, so you'll work without using a diplexer.

I don't have first-hand experience with both of those. But I would keep an close eye on frequency separation etc. Easy to step on your own foot with one of those solutions ;)
Best regards,
Christian Meis

BrianHiggins
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Can frequency diversity be made with mktik?

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:59 pm

we've done this with dual-pole antennas, but running dual nstream links, not nstream dual. there is only about 20-30dB of signal rejection between the two antenna connectors so running adjacent channels does NOT work, it would probably be a good idea to use a bandpass filter if the two channels are closer then 40mhz to each other.