Community discussions

MikroTik App

KiWo
just joined
Topic Author

OSPF External Route Summarization?

Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:10 pm

Hi
I am running a little OSPF network and i am looking for a way to summarize external routs that i inject into ospf.
If i redistribute 200PPPoE Connections from each ospf router my area will blow. But i couldnt find any "summary-address" command.
Using the area ip range will get the ppps distributed anyhow. So atm. i am using a dummy if to put up a static route which is not in the area and routs a /24. i then dont distribute the dynamic connections in ospf, but only the static. makes my routing tables smaller. but is there a easier way of accomplishing this? 2nd .. how do i get all /24's from the different ospf routers summarized?

kiwo

leoktv
Trainer
Trainer

Re: OSPF External Route Summarization?

Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:50 pm

Sounds like you have a nssa or a stub aria setup with alot of PPPoE clients on the back of a router. if you put the aria to sub ore nssa you have inject Summary LSA

KiWo
just joined
Topic Author

Re: OSPF External Route Summarization?

Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:56 pm

okay my brain is totally damaged until now but i got a *dirty* solution.
injecting routs will remain throughout the whole areas & i cant use stubby areas because i want to also be able to route traffic between those areas.

So what i did (trying to keep everything flexible and unstubby as possible):

i put up the area 10.1.0.0/16 (all testing atm :))
in this area on machine 10.1.0.3 i added a bridge to 10.1.2.0/24
it gets distributed in the area and calculated into the area range so no extra routes out of this area.
the bridge really is dummy because i then netmap the real pppoe clients from 192.168.5.0/24 10.1.2.0/24
result: in the area i only see one /24 route torwards the clients.
outside i only have /16 torwards this area :)
everything works ... worked - a -round but its cheaper than having 2 mikis 1do the ppp the other ospf.

if anybody got doubts or better ideas please let me know 8)

PS: there is no nssa support in 3.0?! O_o i think i should get some sleep. i only get default & stub :(