MikroTik App

gtrappmann
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Datenvorratshaltung

Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:42 am

hi guys....

can anybody tell me the exact configuration of logging in mt for getting a "datenvorratshaltung" file in syslog ?

... connection time... date, login...logout.....username....ip adress .. mac address...login name... maybe "connected to"..

thanks a lot

gerd

gtrappmann
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Datenvorratshaltung

Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:26 pm

lol.... so i have a solution for my problem.....

handlink support told me to change all our mikrotik hotspots... 15 .... to handlink gateways...

maybe it´s the best idea...

thanks

itsh.net
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:33 pm

Now do you times because of the VDS not mistaken,
Maybe yes, the constitutional claim success even the big ISP's wait.
Also are still 11 months out, so stay cool ...

Furthermore, the possibilities of various ROS log. How syslog and Calea.

Which bring the headlink gateways for an edge?

tneumann

Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:57 pm

h
... connection time... date, login...logout.....username....ip adress .. mac address...login name... maybe "connected to"..
If you use radius for authentication you'll get all that info without any additional work anyway.

--Tom

gtrappmann
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:40 am

hi....

yes, we can wait 11 month for such a feature.... but only in germany... e.g. in italia and denmark you have to do it right now.
so. i think we can do it with syslog and calea in mt... but we don´t know how, because they still have not a documentation about that.
i like mt but you must concede.... the documentation or manuals are a desaster... for every special application you have to search in wiki or hope that someone got it in forum....and in forum.... you first find great problems like numbers of software releases...

regards

itsh.net
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:24 pm

hi....

yes, we can wait 11 month for such a feature.... but only in germany... e.g. in italia and denmark you have to do it right now.
so. i think we can do it with syslog and calea in mt... but we don´t know how, because they still have not a documentation about that.
regards
But they are all available functions you need for the things required to save.

In German:
Vom 1. Januar 2009 an müssen auch Internet-Provider auf Vorrat verdachtsunabhängig Verbindungsdaten speichern. Erfassen müssen sie die zugewiesene IP-Adresse, Beginn und Ende der Internetnutzung und die Anschlusskennung (Rufnummer oder DSL-Kennung).

in english
From 1 January 2009 also have Internet provider stocks suspicion regardless connection data. They must capture the IP address assigned beginning and the end of Internet use and the connection ID (telephone number or DSL ID).

Those are things the standard log in logging ROS.

And how tneumann said in use by radius or user managers and so incurred.

So why is Mikrotik ROS so bad? What is better for others?

i like mt but you must concede.... the documentation or manuals are a desaster... for every special application you have to search in wiki or hope that someone got it in forum....and in forum.... you first find great problems like numbers of software releases...

regards
Yes, the documentation and manuals are not the best but now that bad again.

When I am in early 2005 for the first time with MT ROS employed, since the documentation was still terrible, but today it is the know, I think at least, it requires just a little time to make clear to send in the whole system, which makes it easy, Nobody said ..

gtrappmann
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:46 pm

hi,

first i don´t said mt is bad.... we have round about 15 hotspots in use and round about 150 access points ... so, it cannot be bad. :-).. so this year we have to build networks in italia, spain and denmark... and the only question i had is how to get logs with the known data.... because in this country´s you need it...and got answers like... "yes...it´s easy"
so in the meantime i got it... without any help...and without manual, but if i have a question in future about sw releases...like... why it is now 3.2 and not 3.0002389 ..... i ask again... by then...

best regards

gerd

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:33 pm

you can use traffic-flow. it uses the same format as netflow, for which there are plenty of analyzers and tools. see:
http://www.mikrotik.com/testdocs/ros/2. ... c-flow.php

(we are working on a new documentation btw)

Tanker
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:55 pm

gtrappmann

You can try this for FULL Manuals Understanding

http://www.fmsweb.de/index.html?inhalt=1486

T