Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

3.3 OSPF Redistibute Default Route

Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:08 am

Hello

I upgraded one router to 3.3 and half my network went down :-(

I have traced it to the setting "Redistibute Default Route"

In 3.3 is seems to act if it is on, even when it is off.

The router I upgraded had a static defalt route set (by mistake) when I removed it my network came back up.

When it was down I could see the default gateways on my routers pointing in the wrong direction.

:-)

bradg

Re: 3.3 OSPF Redistibute Default Route

Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:52 pm

Anyone have a followup to this report?

I'm actually seriously impressed with v3.x wireless improvements so far, but all I've upgraded are either CPE's (about 50 RB112/133 units), or a couple AP's (WRAP's serving 900MHz and 2.4GHz clients) that are _not_ running OSPF (all running 2.9.50 right now).

I would like to take the plunge on a unit running OSPF, but am a little hesitant based on this post.

Anyone have some experience to report with v3.2 or v3.3 OSPF in a network mixed with v2.9.50?

Brad
Hello

I upgraded one router to 3.3 and half my network went down :-(

I have traced it to the setting "Redistibute Default Route"

In 3.3 is seems to act if it is on, even when it is off.

The router I upgraded had a static defalt route set (by mistake) when I removed it my network came back up.

When it was down I could see the default gateways on my routers pointing in the wrong direction.

:-)

Equis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:53 pm

Hi Mate

As long as you remove the default gateway on the unit you are upgrading you will not have problem.

magic
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:32 am

We use mixed 2.9.x and 3.x ospf network. I had trouble with ospf but it looks like it working in the 3.3 (since 3 days and 10 hours). In 3.2 and older I have to restart my ospf routers every day.
But I had trouble with 3.2 on some rb133 ( have no time to try 3.3). Most of them works fine but a few use 100% cpu power all the time. There is only a wireless bridge on them (no ospf, firewall, connection tracking).

Krisz
Krisztian Gancs
RLAN Internet Ltd.
http://www.rlan.hu

omega-00
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:20 am

Hello, just to add some more reports in, I've been using v3.x on a wireless Intranet since 3.1 came out, works fine.

However, I also have had a little bit of trouble with v3.3 ospf (I only upgraded 2 of the devices on the network) but these 2 no-longer pass routes.

The one that is connected back to the other v3.2 routers works fine and recieves all routes, but won't pass them along to the other v3.3 connected to it.

Anyone else seen this issue?