Community discussions

MikroTik App

sarenos
Topic Author

default forward between hotspot users

Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:44 pm

I have configured in my WLAN1 the Hotspot, so I don't want that wireless hotspot users cannot comunicate between them.
I have chosen default forward to NO, but still can communicate.

Have I to do anything more to block communication between hotspot users in wireless interfaces?

Thank you

spavkov

Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:48 pm

If you want to block all communications between your hotspot users do the following :

1. disable the DEFAULT FORWARD on your wlan1 interface
2. go to wireless tables > ACCESS LIST and add in the list all your client's mac addresses and for each entry disable option calleed FORWARDING...

thats all, it works 100% if you do it right!!!

sarenos
Topic Author

Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:12 pm

Great, thank you, but How can I put the MAC address of the users ? they are public users that I don´t know the MAC previously.

spavkov

Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:23 pm

Then you should only set your WLAN1 interface property called
DEFAULT FORWARDING to NO
and property DEFAULT AUTHENTIFICATION to YES

this way, when a new client comes into your public wlan he can authenticate and get ip address, but he cannot 'talk' to other clients because DEFAULT FORWARDING is off....

this should work fine i think...

what version of mikrotik you have??? is it licenced???? :)

if it does not work then you should send more details about your wlan1 configuration...

got interface > wireless > and type print
and send here the output you get... this can help me and other guys on forum to help you...

Greets and good luck!