Community discussions

MikroTik App

fabarca
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik & FreeRadius

Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:03 pm

Hi,

I'm traying to use the MT Radius client & the FreeRadius Server for my customers accounting.

The problem is that the MT it's below a NAT System so the real address that arrive to the Radius Server is different from the NAS-IP-Address attribute sent from MT.

I know that some NAS (ex. CISCO) permits to change the NAS-IP-Address attribute before to send the request. It's possible make something similar with MT?
Or in alternative, anyone knows a way to change the attribute from the Raidius Server before the authentication?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

karo84
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Mikrotik & FreeRadius

Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:43 pm

Why Do You need to change Nas-Ip-Address Attribute?

shanen_au
just joined

Mon May 05, 2008 4:04 pm

I have the same problem.

I need mikrotik to send the public ip address and not the private address from behind the nat router.

This is what freeradius is seeing...

Currently - NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.0.1

What I need is NAS-IP-Address = 203.xxx.xxx.xxx

Thanks

gmsmstr
Trainer
Trainer

Mon May 05, 2008 7:28 pm

This is not an issue. You will either have to SRCNAT your MT behind the NAT, that way it has its own public IP, or put in your PAT IP that your MTs are coming from. You can have 100 MTs behind a NAT, and just list one IP, however, they all have to have the same secret.

gyoztes
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue May 06, 2008 11:10 pm

use pptp tunnel from border gw (where you use src-nat) to radius server, and you don't src-nat to the tunnel. I use this with mt -> debian and it works fine.
(interesting: debian is the pptp server and mt is the client, because i can't do for working reversal.) In radius don't remember to route inner ip addresses to the pptp tunnel.

gyoztes