Community discussions

MikroTik App

uwe_guenther
just joined
Topic Author

Logging incomming and outgoing traffic for my PPPoE costumer

Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:11 am

Hello at MT forum,

I use MT RouterOS as Wirelles Router with PPPoE server. All my costumers get a static IP (10.0.0.2=costumer1, 10.0.0.3= costumer2, ..., 10.0.0.n=costumern) What I need is a feature that I can say: "Oh you have 600MB incomming and 2,3GB outging traffic this month until now.". So that I can read the actual traffic on evrey day while the whole month at "per costumer base". Second I have to reset the traffic counter at the end of the month to zero for each costumer.

--
Best regards Uwe

wjw
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:45 pm

I'm in the middle of writing a VB app driven by an Access database that will do this for... it takes data from the traffic accounting webpage and processes it... will post when its finished...

uwe_guenther
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:51 pm

Cool! I'll be waiting

Which Traffic does the ip.cgi accounting script messure? Only forwarded traffic or also traffic from and to the router (input and output)?

At the moment I solve the problem with special input, forward and output filter rules. So I can see the traffic online in the winbox IP|Firewall|Filter Rules window. But if I reboot the router without writing down the traffic for my three costumers, everithing will be lost.

--
Best regards Uwe

tully
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:32 pm

Hello Uwe,

There are detailed instruction in the manual on how to collect the accounting information. It has been done many years ago -- just take a look at the manual.

John

uwe_guenther
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:12 pm

Hello tully,

you are right, I read this in the past and it works for me with wget. But this mehtod doesen't account packets that goes through the web-proxy and this is a must have for me, because the most traffic in our environment goes through the web-proxy. So the only posibilty for us to use the accounting usefull, is to shut down the transparent web-proxy. But we won't do that, because we hit a least 20% of our traffic wit the proxy.

--
Best regards Uwe

tully
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:42 pm

You will have to put the router with accounting closer to the clients -- or just make another box for the proxy.

John

gmsmstr
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:44 pm

I want to be able to havfe customers hit a page, we see what IP they are from, and they get displayed there current monthly usage. It don't have to be up to the second, but up to the day.

uwe_guenther
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:34 am

This is my requirement too. But it seems to me there is no solution if I use one RouterOS Box as Firewall, Access Concentrator and transparent Web-Proxy all in one solution!

If I want to have a correct traffic measurement, I have to shut up the transparent web-proxy feature or I have to setup a second box that does only Access Concentration (PPPoE) and traffic measurement.

This is no option for mee, I think this should possible with RouterOS!

Any MikrotTik stuff are reading here?

--
Cheers Uwe

Lord
just joined

Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:07 am

i am programming External Dll for MS SQL Server.

External Stored procedure, named xp_accounting take http statistic from RouterOS and return table with collums

src-address
dst-address
Bytes
Packets
src-user
dst-user
Time Stamp

This statistic inserted into tempory table and processing by my billing system.

Its All.