I have a x386 running as my main gateway router with basically all ros3.x families so far.
We came across scripting problems several times after an update and apart from webproxy all the rest functioned fine. The router has some 30 routes in the table, the firewall about 100 filters, two WAN interfaces (ehter) and one LAN (ether to wireless unit) and all my devices are MT and basically that's it.
Only webproxy couldn´t made to work under 3.x so far. It just didn´t do it while properly configured. I updated last week to ros.3.7 since I saw not too many or alarming issues about it in this forum and finally webproxy worked fine! I was delighted!
It worked fine for several days (90 clients browsing on a daily base) and it certainly increased the browsing.
But this Saturday it crashed. The webproxy crashed completely. The cache was gone, the harddisk (which is also the system disk) couldn't be seen by the webproxy any more and max. limit of client connections was set to 1. I had to disable the redirect rule in firewall nat and we were all back on line. But what a disappointment....
I didn't dare to reboot the machine because if the hd really failed it wouldn't start up anymore! And I have no fast available backup machine yet.
But only 6 hours later, the machine itself crashed! The whole system tumbled down and my network connectivity to the internet was down! I couldn't log in anymore and all connections to it were gone! Even the console of the PC itself wasn't functioning anymore.. This is the first time in 13 months this happened!
So I was forced to do a hard reboot now anyway to see how my luck was that day. And luckily the machine booted normally and even webproxy works again... what a relief!
The HD is checked and nothing is being reported to be wrong.
In my humble opinion it means that in ros3.7 webproxy is still not 100% OK. I leaf it off now to see how long my machine stays alive now with 3.7
But obviously I am not happy with this! Specially since I found that again the script that worked fine under 3.6 is again not working any more!
Again I have to spend time to fix all this. Maybe I have to buy MT rb1000 to work around the problems. I hope at least their own hardware will perform with their own ros like it should. But what a way to promote their own stuff....