Community discussions

MikroTik App

bokad
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Simple queue resets

Sun May 04, 2008 2:13 am

I have a large hotspot that gets several thousand logons a day and over 1000 simultaneous users. When a new simple queue is dynamically created from a user logon, every existing queue has all of it's counters reset. When a logon is occuring every few seconds, the queues no longer work well to limit bandwidth as they are constanly being reset to 0. Has anyone else encountered this?

jwcn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Simple queue resets

Sun May 04, 2008 2:14 am

Interesting problem. Are you sure it is actually resetting the queue counters?

bokad
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed May 07, 2008 8:49 am

It shows so in both winbox and the command line. The current throughput rate, etc.... returns to 0.

jwcn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 07, 2008 5:12 pm

Wondering if it is actually doing it though. I guess the test would be to run a download to see if the speed jumps when you add a new queue

SmalleR
just joined

Thu May 08, 2008 1:14 pm

I have a large hotspot that gets several thousand logons a day and over 1000 simultaneous users. When a new simple queue is dynamically created from a user logon, every existing queue has all of it's counters reset. When a logon is occuring every few seconds, the queues no longer work well to limit bandwidth as they are constanly being reset to 0. Has anyone else encountered this?
Last time I have the same problems. I don't look at queues list, but some pptp connection has no bandwidth limit.