jober
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Going to SHOT MY SELF over this HotSpot

Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:47 am

Dear GOD,
Please give me and answer!
I am useing the MT for Hotspot service in a bunch of hotels and for some frikin reson Mac OS customers can't get the HotSpot web page.
They get an ip and I see them in the MT lease list with the mac address and I can ping them from the MT, but the can't get the frikin signup page.
Any ideas would be great about NOW!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iredden

Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:25 am

Weird. Try setting up a proxy server, relay to it through the mikrotik, then see if it works.

Also, what browser on Mac OS?

jober
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:14 am

They are using Fire Fox.

medube
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:09 pm

I have seen this problem before, but what I noticed is after the Mac OS gets the IP and client requests page, you have to give it sometime and hotspot page will appear. Though I do not know which browser the client I had running Mac OS uses, but I know it takes a while and eventually he gets the page.

Medube

jarosoup
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:49 pm

Are you using the enabled-address method, or the other 2-lease dhcp one? I know that Macs can have issues with short dhcp lease times, so the solution MT offers that gives you a temporary lease, then a new one when authenticated doesn't work right on the Mac. If you're only giving out a single lease, try changing the lease time to something higher. I'm curious if this works for you...I've run into the same problem in the past.

jober
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:18 pm

Are you using the enabled-address method, or the other 2-lease dhcp one? I know that Macs can have issues with short dhcp lease times, so the solution MT offers that gives you a temporary lease, then a new one when authenticated doesn't work right on the Mac. If you're only giving out a single lease, try changing the lease time to something higher. I'm curious if this works for you...I've run into the same problem in the past.
I am using the enable-address method.
I looked and the lease time is set for 1hour ( 01:00:00 ).
I changed it to 24 hours, so I'll let you know how it goes.