Community discussions

MikroTik App

GuJack20
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Full bridge on Wireless

Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:11 am

Solution: Just Use Proxy-Arp. Should have read a little :)

Original Post:
Hi guys.

I know that this question has been posted before, but through my searches on the forum i still haven't got a right question.
With different cheap low end access points different people here, have configured their wireless networks as full bridges permitting them to concentrate all the traffic in a MikroTik based router acting as a Core Router. All the clients (client's PCs) identify in the core router with their own "pubblic" address. Now they have decided to migrate to MikroTik Access Point but without changing their existing CPEs.
We have configured before bridging using WDS with MikroTik AP and MikroTik CPEs, but what can we do for this situation??

My guess is that MikroTik APs configured with WDS might work with these CPEs in bridge mode, but since i'm not sure i decided to post here.

What do you think?? Would this work??
Last edited by GuJack20 on Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jwcn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Full bridge on Wireless

Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:34 am

MikroTik Certified Consultant

:shock: :shock: :shock:

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:47 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

dsobin
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:51 am

I've gotten this to work with CPE running Ikarus software. I configured the Ikarus CPE radio as AP/WDS and put the radio under a bridge. It worked fine.

WDS is a standard, sort of. The "sort of" part is why multi-vendor WDS doesn't always work.

If you make the CPE radio a station rather than AP, you won't get a full bridge and all of the devices behind the CPE will share the radio's MAC address.

While the above configuration worked, I eventually gave up on this and switched all of my CPE to MikroTik.

GuJack20
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:36 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Why :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ???!!!!!!!!!!?????????!????????

Does this mean that when someone doesn't know something he shall be afraid to ask??
Or does this mean that a Certified Consultant MUST be all-knowing

"“'How do you know so much about everything?' was asked of a very wise and intelligent man; and the answer was 'By never being afraid or ashamed to ask questions as to anything of which I was ignorant”"John Abbott.

Thanks dsobin.