Community discussions

MikroTik App

gcakici
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Strange problem

Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:12 pm

I'm using v3.10 and when i was trying to set the e-mail parameters i had a strange problem. I was setting the e-mail from parameter and i have given the email address as email.domain.com instead of email@domain.com mistakenly. My routeros stopped and i got a disconnect message from winbox.

Then i can reach it via ssh over an internal ip but i can not reach it over winbox again. I tried several configuration changes at the mean time like changing the pref-source of a route and it does not operate. I decided to reboot the router and it becomes available but on the log it says "system error critical and rebooted because of kernel failure".

Just to let the mikrotik guys aware about it.

Regards
Gokalp

rooter1234
just joined

Re: Strange problem

Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:02 pm

I'm using v3.10 and when i was trying to set the e-mail parameters i had a strange problem. I was setting the e-mail from parameter and i have given the email address as email.domain.com instead of email@domain.com mistakenly. My routeros stopped and i got a disconnect message from winbox.

Then i can reach it via ssh over an internal ip but i can not reach it over winbox again. I tried several configuration changes at the mean time like changing the pref-source of a route and it does not operate. I decided to reboot the router and it becomes available but on the log it says "system error critical and rebooted because of kernel failure".

Just to let the mikrotik guys aware about it.

Regards
Gokalp
I thinik the best way to reslove the problem reinstall mikrotik (reflash) first save old configurations..