Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

KaYs3r
just joined
Topic Author

Automatic user account creation

Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:31 pm

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible for a user to create is own account.
I want to create an hotspot, where users can create their own free account. Then, if they want, they can pay, and their account is upgraded manually.

Is this possible?

Thanks
RB951G-2HnD
RB1100AHx2

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Automatic user account creation

Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:59 pm

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible for a user to create is own account.
I want to create an hotspot, where users can create their own free account. Then, if they want, they can pay, and their account is upgraded manually.

Is this possible?

Thanks
Yes. Basically you bring them to a home page your homeade page. You give them like options of 1 hours of use for 2.50$ or 3 hours for 5 Dollars. Whatever your choose. Its more like buying tickets. But it is possible. Mikrotik is very good for Hotspots. Look into the manual and on here for info and help in setting one up. Good luck -Jordan
~Agricultural WISP "ZONE"~ Beware of oncoming cattle and dont hit the farmer!!! I need to ask him about using his silo for an AP first"~

*Automated Billing Installer* http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/AutomatedBilling Built by Krige ;-)

KaYs3r
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:37 pm

Thanks.

Another question, is it possible to limit the number of registrations per MAC address?
RB951G-2HnD
RB1100AHx2

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:54 pm

Thanks.

Another question, is it possible to limit the number of registrations per MAC address?
I am pretty sure it does. But i do not use hotspot i just know some about it. Im sure somebody here can clarify weather it can or not though. -Jordan
~Agricultural WISP "ZONE"~ Beware of oncoming cattle and dont hit the farmer!!! I need to ask him about using his silo for an AP first"~

*Automated Billing Installer* http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/AutomatedBilling Built by Krige ;-)

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:24 am

If you use Mikrotik User Manager it includes a self-signup option built in - virtually no setup is required. Check the Wiki entry for UserManager - it is quite well documented.
savagedavid
MTCE+T (MikroTik Certified Everything + Trainer)
MikroTik support and training in South Africa
http://www.mikrotiksa.com
david [at] mikrotiksa dot com