Community discussions

MikroTik App

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

ADSL PPPoE problem - need help

Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:39 am

I have problem with MTK's PPPoE client. When I use ADSL modem on WindowsXP PPPoE client it conects instantly, but when I connect modem to MTK, can't connect at all. But nothing. I get diferent IP address every second (10.65.64.xxx), and that is all i get from MTK. What else do I need to make this ADSL PPPoE to work, and what is the diference between Microsoft's and MTK's PPPoE...

Please help... Thanx...

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:01 pm

Please... again... anyone... help... urgent...

isptlan

Re: ADSL PPPoE problem - need help

Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:05 pm

I have problem with MTK's PPPoE client. When I use ADSL modem on WindowsXP PPPoE client it conects instantly, but when I connect modem to MTK, can't connect at all. But nothing. I get diferent IP address every second (10.65.64.xxx), and that is all i get from MTK. What else do I need to make this ADSL PPPoE to work, and what is the diference between Microsoft's and MTK's PPPoE...

Please help... Thanx...
Upgrade ? :) This problem have some old version of mikrotik :)

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:52 am

I can't update v2.9beta15 - there is no newer version :D

wildbill442
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:33 am

What does the log say? are you getting any errors? please post them.

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:10 am

Here is LOG:

pppoe-out1: initializing...
pppoe-out1: dialing...
pppoe-out1: terminating... - failed to authenticate ourselves to peer
pppoe-out1: disconnected

Again I must say that when I use this modem on WindowsXP's pppoe it connects corectly. I am in agony :cry:

wildbill442
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:06 pm

What authentication protocols are you allowing? check them all (pap, chap, ms-chapv1/v2) the client will use the most secure method supported by the PPPoE Concentrator.

If you haven't already double check your user name and password.

The PPPoE client settings are pretty straight forward..

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:56 am

Again nothin. Enabld all protocols. Even try system of eleimination of protocols. Double - no, triple chack my username/pass. I know that PPPoE should be easy to set, but... Maybe Telekom Serbia is doing something to us, and disabling linux logging. Win logging is still doing great...

I realy don't know what to do :cry:

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:11 pm

Is it posibile that there is no answer to my problem. I know that PPPoE used to be simple to adjust, but... Anyone have another idea...

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:17 pm

Go back to 2.8.x - see if you have the same problem.

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:03 pm

Yes, same problem with 2.8.26 and 2.9.16beta. Our TelecomSerbia is using username to find out where to route packets. Example: user@verat.net, user@beotel.yu, user@sezampro.yu... In my opinion the problem is with that extension after username. While analysing WinXP log, when i send my username, TelecomSerbia's spliter or whatever recognize @xxx.xxx and route my packets to specific ISP. In my case, thet provider is verat.net. So when i send username@verat.net telecom route me to "veratadsl" service and then verat.net took over connection and it works. But with MTK I don't even get "veratadsl" service name. That service name is in my case something else. I was thinking that is the problem with verat.net ISP, so i called other ISP and they gave me test account, but same problem...

I will try tonight to use SuSE and Mandrake as PPPoE clinet and see if the problem is with Linux...

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:25 pm

leave `service name` empty and enter the user@verat.net in the username field. then it will work.

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:17 am

Normis, You think that I didn't try that :?

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:47 pm

OK, it is working under SuSE 9.2... What now... Does MTK's PPPoE entirely support RFC 2516??? Or, maybe not :?:

paralichko
just joined

Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:44 am

I have same problem but with wireless ISP. Under Win XP it works without anything just create new PPPOE connection and user and password. Under Mikrotik it says dialling and that is. Version is 2.7.14 and nothing happens.

Best regards
be healthy
Gaby !!!

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:08 pm

OK MTK, again me with this informations:

PPPoE on TelekomSerbia's ADSL is workin with WindowsXP, SuSE9.2, SuSE9.3, m0n0wall router OS, Ikarus router OS, Madrake (Mandriva) 10.2

In every of this OS it is enough to simply enter username/pass and it connects to ISP (tryed two diferent ISP), but with MTK - not working

I am doing the following:
/interface pppoe-client add interface=ADSL-lan name=user@verat.net password=password disabled=no

And the answer is:
pppoe-out1: initializing...
pppoe-out1: dialing...
pppoe-out1: terminating... - failed to authenticate ourselves to peer
pppoe-out1: disconnected

I have even tryed to play with adding other parameters like ac-name, service-name,...

And then, is it posibile for MTK's creators to take a look again at the source code of PPPoE-client and solve this problem...

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:43 pm

edited

not correct. like this:

/interface pppoe-client add interface=ADSL-lan user=user password=password disabled=no

no @'s please.

paralichko
just joined

Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:53 pm

Ok i do it like this but nothing happens. Can someboady tell me for what is the profile. When I create a pppoe-client interface it creates with the default profile, but when i read the manual i thik that profile is about pppoe-server - not for client. I can post sniffed packets from PPPOE interface.

Be healthy
best regards Gaby !!!

piwi3910
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

adslproblem

Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:12 pm

in service fill in the same thing as your username.

but keep in mind username is like this username@PROVIDER

you HAVE to put the provider name in capital.
ans for auth only chap and pap are needed.

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:13 pm

edited

not correct. like this:

/interface pppoe-client add interface=ADSL-lan user=user password=password disabled=no

no @'s please.
Normis, I think that You just solved the problem. In Serbia you have to enter username@isp.net, so our Telecom Serbia could with that @isp.net route trafic forward to ISP. Then there is another authentification at ISP which check your username and let you pass by and use internet.

Telekom Serbia did this because they have monopol and want to have total contol over Internet and voip.

If I want to use another ISP i simply change usename and isp.net but @ sign have to be there...

Please could You solve this...

paralichko
just joined

Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:01 pm

My username is: pppoe-xxxx
Pass: xxxx
in Windows XP it works with that. A hundred times i asked my ISP to give me service name and AC name buy they don't. In Windows XP, after PPPOE established i saw that the PPPOE server is: pppoe.iztok.spnet.net
I tried to put it to AC name but nothing. I put the IP of pppoe.iztok.spnet.net in the AC name but also nothing. Somebody to know for what is the profile ?

Be healthy
Best regards
Gaby !!!

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:02 pm

Paralichko, have you tried to use newer version than 2.7.14. I am not sure that PPPoE-client in your version is good and uptodate. You can use profile if you want to specify dns, filters, loca address, remote address, compresion, encription,... There is generaly no need to change that, but if you want you can find it in /ppp profile (in version 2.8 and 2.9, not sure about 2.7)

paralichko
just joined

Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:15 pm

And have You solved Your problem with PPPOE and ver.2.8.x

Best regards
Be healthy
Gaby !!!

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:39 am

No. The problem is with the @ sign in Serbia ADSL usernames and MTK. It is only MTK's creators good will to solve that...

silmes
just joined

Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:08 am

i have @ user name im from argentina, no problem with pppoe client ............ big problem with dns cache masquerade. 2 weeks .... nothing solutions