Community discussions

MikroTik App

jager
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Bug in RB411or something similar???

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:34 am

Hi everybody! I`m back after quite a log time...

Well, there is something that drives me crazy. After a lot of MTik installations, now I`m totally lost.
The scenario is as simple as it could be:

Two RB411`s with RB52 cards and external antennas. Wifi link stable, -60 or so...
IP address 10.172.11.1/24 and the first wifi interface and 10.172.11.2/24 at the second wifi interface
It is NOT POSSIBLE to ping 10.172.11.1 from 10.172.11.2 and vice versa????

For the chaos to be more complicated, here is what I did after: the first router`s LAN interface is connected to the rest of my network (26 routerboards) . I created a bridge and put both ethernet and lan interfaces into the bridge. I also created a bridge on the second RB and bridged the lan and wifi interfaces. I connected my laptop to the ethernet of the second RB and i can see ALL my network in Winbox after clicking to the 3 small dots!!!!! But, it is not possible to connect to ANY routerboard via IP! Mac connection works, but no IP traffic!! Ofcourse, there is nothing filtered in firewall, as both routerboards are newly installed. After that I moved the IP addresses on both routerboards from wifi interface to bridge, but again, it was not possible to ping. From the rest of the network, I can access to the first router with no problem.
I also updated both routerboards to 3.11 but nothing changed...
Can anybody give ANY idea what the hell is going on here? This is the simpliest configuration that is possible... I`m totally lost and desperate....
Thank you everybody for help!

Regards,
Jager

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Bug in RB411or something similar???

Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:50 pm

Did you bridge mode=station ?
Mode=station doesn't support bridging due to the limitation of 802.11.

You need to use station-wds
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Transpare ... o_Networks
or mode=station-pseudobridge, to bridge wireless network.

jager
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:42 pm

sergejs,
thanx for the reply.
Ofcourse, the station is in WDS mode. The bridge is working, as I can see my whole network.
But even without any bridge, I should ping from one RB to another...

hilton
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:09 pm

Can you perhaps draw a simple diagram as I'm having trouble understanding your set-up.