Community discussions

chimaster
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Hire Hands

Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:22 am

Hello all.

We're in the process of planning a serious upgrade to our hotspot network. We've kinda been doing the bare minimum to this stage in terms of planning and implementation and we need to give it an overhaul. The problem is I'm working by myself and have no one to discuss ideas and fall back on for planning and implementation.

We currently have 56+ Hotspots with a further 20 to be installed over the next 6 months (probably more but we're giving ourselves time) We run Radius Manager from dmasoftlab.com (version 2.0.2.) We have Version 3 on a testing server. We see 80 - 120 people using the wireless at any time and would like to double this number over the next 6 months.

I'm looking for a Mikrotik guru who can help me plan my network and give me some support until I can get myself to a MUM and training session!!

Upgrade all existing RouterOS 2.9.38 through 50 to 3.6
Review the current Hotspot design and IP addressing scheme, currently each individual node provides it's own class c 10.5.?.0/24 etc . I'm wondering about the benefit of a larger pool from radius and smarter ways to setup.
Review and upgrade of QOS to allow for VOIP
Provide ways to help integrate and monitor with dude, help us to script and provide central updates
Help implement basic roaming if appropriate
Help implement VOIP
Help with planning data throughput, timings etc.. (we have business clients and want to also provide central backup if possible)
We currently use Static WDS on our links and there may be easier ways to do this with some of the enhancements I'm seeing with 3
Help us review what VLANs can do for ourselves and our clients.
Help plan our Firewall infrastructure on our SLA side (again, voip, backhaul, vpn, backup)

+ Many other things.

I'm happy to communicate with someone remotely or discuss a package to get them into Queenstown, New Zealand for Summer / Winter fun. Provide Accommodation and geek out. We are a small business, so someone simply interested in the love of it is more than welcome to apply. ;-)

Please contact me on spike at queenstown dot com

omega-00
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Hire Hands

Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:17 pm

Hello chimaster,

While I'm happily employed for the time being, I'm always happy to help out and/or give ideas when needed.
Feel free to get in contact with me via the address listed in my profile.

Regards,
Omega-00

accessmd

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:10 am

Hello chimaster,

While I'm happily employed for the time being, I'm always happy to help out and/or give ideas when needed.
Feel free to get in contact with me via the address listed in my profile.

Regards,
Omega-00

Hi Omega-00,

I am planning a similar setup and I will need assistance. Can you share your experience with me. In my situation, I am just starting the network.
Kind regards,

accessmd

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:12 am

Hello all.

We're in the process of planning a serious upgrade to our hotspot network. We've kinda been doing the bare minimum to this stage in terms of planning and implementation and we need to give it an overhaul. The problem is I'm working by myself and have no one to discuss ideas and fall back on for planning and implementation.

We currently have 56+ Hotspots with a further 20 to be installed over the next 6 months (probably more but we're giving ourselves time) We run Radius Manager from dmasoftlab.com (version 2.0.2.) We have Version 3 on a testing server. We see 80 - 120 people using the wireless at any time and would like to double this number over the next 6 months.

I'm looking for a Mikrotik guru who can help me plan my network and give me some support until I can get myself to a MUM and training session!!

Upgrade all existing RouterOS 2.9.38 through 50 to 3.6
Review the current Hotspot design and IP addressing scheme, currently each individual node provides it's own class c 10.5.?.0/24 etc . I'm wondering about the benefit of a larger pool from radius and smarter ways to setup.
Review and upgrade of QOS to allow for VOIP
Provide ways to help integrate and monitor with dude, help us to script and provide central updates
Help implement basic roaming if appropriate
Help implement VOIP
Help with planning data throughput, timings etc.. (we have business clients and want to also provide central backup if possible)
We currently use Static WDS on our links and there may be easier ways to do this with some of the enhancements I'm seeing with 3
Help us review what VLANs can do for ourselves and our clients.
Help plan our Firewall infrastructure on our SLA side (again, voip, backhaul, vpn, backup)

+ Many other things.

I'm happy to communicate with someone remotely or discuss a package to get them into Queenstown, New Zealand for Summer / Winter fun. Provide Accommodation and geek out. We are a small business, so someone simply interested in the love of it is more than welcome to apply. ;-)

Please contact me on spike at queenstown dot com
I suppose you must have your network running. Can you share knowledge?