Community discussions

MikroTik App

kdavid
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

WEB Proxy problems

Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:01 pm

I am trying to start the transparent Web proxy im my network. We have there more tham 1700 customers.

It works fine with around 15 client but when I redirect traffic from all siteit works no more than 30 seconds. Afther this time it stops work.

I use RB433AH on 800 MHz with 4 GB card. I tryed it with core router but it is same. I have no rules for acces or cash or direct.

Can someone helps me? It is very urgent.

Thnx

kdavid
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: WEB Proxy problems

Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:10 am

OS version is 3.14

Equis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:05 am

Hello

I have 700 customers and the Mikrotik Proxy failed over and over again after 2 days.
I went back to squid.
I am not alone with this, others have reported it. I do not know how to fix it.

I would not use the Mikrotik Proxy (yet) on a network your size.

Mine was on a PC based system.

:-)

omega-00
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:54 am

I'm going to second Equis's comments, web proxy is unreliable imho at the moment.
If a mikrotik rep tells us they've fixed it I'll try again but for now it's pretty much useless for any long term use.

Nuke

Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:48 am

I had the same problem, it started working again after I flushed the DNS cache. At first I tried pointing it to my squid as a parent proxy. Now I'm using the nat rule directly to my squid/dns server combo. Haven't had a problem with that setup in months.

Equis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:57 am

I had the same problem, it started working again after I flushed the DNS cache. At first I tried pointing it to my squid as a parent proxy. Now I'm using the nat rule directly to my squid/dns server combo. Haven't had a problem with that setup in months.
That's what I do.

I have 4 gig ram and about 200gig disk cache spread over 3 drives.

I get about 40% request hit rate, CPU is about 80% peak with very little disk I/O wait.

What I'd LOVE to do is have a 2 gig Mikrotik Mem cache on the core router and forward everything else to Squid.

:-)