Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

monty
just joined
Topic Author

Having issues since updating to 3.15

Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:46 pm

I recently updated a router in my network from version 2.9.? to 3.15. Since then I've had a few issues with the router. It now takes quite a while to connect to the router (using winbox or telnet, haven't tried anything else), the interface traffic is horribly inaccurate (I have a max inbound bandwidth of 3M, and I find myself looking at 8-12M at times), Torch is just as inaccurate, queues no longer seem to throttle properly, if at all, though this could be part of the inaccuracies from the traffic, and it seems to have several other performance issues, for example, it takes up to 10 seconds to update any 'live' information that used to update at least once a second, it can take time to try to switch menus, and a few other things that just make it seem slow. I've got a dual core Intel processor and a gig of ram in the router, which have virtually no load on them.

The router worked great until I updated it, if anybody has any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this, please let me know.

Thanks

enk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Having issues since updating to 3.15

Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:36 pm

Try to use newest winbox 2.2.13 first. Download it here: http://www.mikrotik.com/download/winbox.exe
as known as shados.
blog: http://betep.wpl.ru
A karma increase would be cool if you think I earned it.

Equis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:07 pm

I also have having strange problems

On a i86 platform

Interface speeds are wrong, showing 3mb when is 7
uptime is counting 3 seconds at a time.

My rb433 seems fine tho

monty
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:34 pm

Tried the latest winbox with no difference, I'm afraid. Going to try downgrading a bit to see if that helps, rather running outa time to get this fixed up a bit. Thanks for the input though.

Equis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:53 pm

My Problems are not on a routerboard but a PC

monty
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:00 pm

Thanks for the post Kijomabb, but, I'm using a pc, not a routerboard for my router (see first post :D). I did successfully downgrade to 3.14, and it seems to have fixed most of the problems, including one I thought was completely unrelated where one of my customers was unable to receive any emails with attachments. I am still having a very long connect time, but my numbers are once again accurate and my queues seem to be working properly again, so I suppose it will do for now.

Thanks again for the help