MikroTik App

shielder
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

transparant bridging for BM (allow vlan access) on v3

Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:49 am

Hi everyone,

I am using transparant bridge to become my bandwidth manager. I am using 2.9 version, everything works fine. I just create a bridge on and add 2 ports of the router to become a transparant bridge so i could do some mangle for my queue tree. Everything works fine.

But later i update my network to using vlan and it's a vlan on an nstreme dual network, the configuration is like this

main router (vlan 201) ----- bandwidth manager (transparant bridge) --- cisco catalyst --- nstreme dual backbone --- cisco catalyst (set the port to nstremedual backbone to trunk and others to access) --- client

on my config, my main router connect to client using the same network, because every device in it is transparant bridge. so it works fine.

because i need to use vlan on my network, i upgrade the bandwidth manager to version 3. i set the bridge setting to :
use-ip-firewall: yes
use-ip-firewall-for-vlan: yes

and here comes the nightmare:

1. the mangle for the vlan is not working normal as the mangle on traffic without vlan. But i worked out the mangle, i need to seperate the download mangle and the upload mangle (not like in the past, i just need to create 1 mangle, and the parent of the downlink and uplink that separates whether it's upload traffic or download traffic). which means more firewall mangle rules on my router
2. the bandwidth manager always hangs (almost everyday). My traffic is about 7-10 mb on peak hours, when the bandwidth manager hangs, it shown only 500-1024 kbps traffic so the mangle is not working at all. after i restart the router. everything comes back to normal.

Please help me to solve this problem. If version 2.9 could capture vlan traffic in mangle on transparant bridge, it would be best, because version 2.9 is much more stable than version 3. Please give me some advice. Thank you

Best regards,
Budiarto