BelWave
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: beta version jump

Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:10 am

any one know why there was a jump from 16 to 18 . i never even saw .17

randy

btw what were the changes in .18 change logs only goes to .17
.17 was there as I have it if you want a copy...not sure why you would want it unless .18 has problems.

Ditto on the .18 Change Log...what are the changes/improvements in .18?

Best,

Brad

stephenpatrick
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:08 am

MAJOR changes in wireless security in beta 18

If you upgrade a "working" router using wireless security to 18, don't expect it to work - my AP at home with WEP128 needed serious attention and after upgrade was left by default unsecured - much "learning curve" and some reconfiguration required.

The new security system looks more comprehensive but as always it would have some "explanation" rather than "find out and see"

Good luck everybody and hope the new beta is liked.
Regards

randyloveless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:20 am

i wish MT would give more detail on updates .

and why is it MT does not see that there is a issue with the wireless cards t

they are using. i got several trango and airaya radio systems that work great at 5-15 miles but we are having a devel of a time getting solid ping rates from links with MT .

i brought this up before and i cannot be the only one having issues.

why is it that my trango or airaya radios which the airaya use the same chip set as the CM9 . my ping rates and thruput REAL Thru put. is around 35 mb ip ftp up and down .

with a MT running a cm9 lucky if they stay at 6 mb with out bouncing from 1 to 24 mb.

WHAT IS UP . I have said this before i love MT but why cannot we find a better radio system to use.................................

signed frustrated and confused

Randy

jarosoup
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:51 am

Try some different cards. There are others out there besides the CM9. I don't think your posts about how you think Trango is better than MT is going to get you any more support...you're hindering it. Frankly, it's annoying to keep seeing these posts. I agree though, that there are many questions unanswered on this forum.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:31 pm

.17 was there as I have it if you want a copy...not sure why you would want it unless .18 has problems.

Ditto on the .18 Change Log...what are the changes/improvements in .18?
17 had a problem, so it didn't work. 18 fixes this. no more changes there.

randyloveless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:32 pm

btw the only reason i posted a q&a about trango is i have serval links that work and am having issues with MT ( again it not there fault as much as it is the CM9 cards fault . i have 5 old pcmcia silver cards running on a couple of links and they work fine . just want to move most of our old Karlnet stuff the MT but am worried about the intermitent lockups and radio performance. . and if you read the posts you would know i was asking for a solution so i dont have to use Trango or airaya radio gear.
also there is a big issue with ping response comparing the MT with a CM9 and a trango. and this is where my questions were directed. i have a multi hop set of trango radios 1st hop p2p 12miles ,2nd hop p2p running 6miles,3rd hop runnig 3.6miles and i can push 9.7mb thru put tcp (ftp traffic ) all the way thru with a 3-5ms response to the end user.

i have tried this with the CM9 on my MT test systems and i am lucky to get 5mb of thruput and 30-500 ms response time .. this is using the same antenna links ,just unpluging my trango gear and pluging my mt gear into the links.

again this is not a bash on MT i want a solution . MT rocks but and i seem to be complainine alot but it not without merit. i just wish we had a better wireless solutioin for the MT product line .

MT support i am hopping is working on this issue.

i am hoping that the new 400mw radios work better .

Randy