Community discussions

MikroTik App

GlueGuy
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Interface graph not persistent on 3.x

Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:31 pm

Back in the 2.9.x days, we would start the graphing resource on several of our Mikrotik routers.

We could then logout/exit from that winbox, and when we returned, the graphs would still be there, in the same place, and same size window.

However, since upgrading to 3.x, we notice that the graphs are not persistent. We can leave the graphs arranged and sized as we want, but after we exit/logout and return, they are gone.

Is this the desired result in 3.x, or is this a bug? I think the latter, as the previous functionality was quite nice. It sure saves a lot of time when I need to get a an overview of traffic going through a particular router.

Are there any plans to fix this? Or is this the way it will be going forward?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Interface graph not persistent on 3.x

Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:15 am

make sure you have "load previous session" when you connect via winbox

GlueGuy
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:13 pm

make sure you have "load previous session" when you connect via winbox
Do you mean on the winbox settings?

o - Keep Password
o - Secure Mode
o - Load Previous Session

I have all three of these checked. But the graph settings are always lost.

GlueGuy
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:06 am

As I stated, I have the "Load Previous Session" box checked in the winbox loader, but the graphs are always lost on the next session.

So is this unique to me, or is this a bug, or is this by design in 3.x?

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:56 am

just to be clear, you mean the window placement isn't being saved, but the actual graphing data / history is still there. right ?

try unchecking the 'load previous settings', log in, exit, then login again with load previous settings checked, and try it again. sometimes those settings get corrupted and you have to clear them. if that fails then i would say its a winbox enhancement request your looking for (even though 2.9 worked)

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:00 am

for what its worth i tested 3.16, and i dont even have viewable graphs, 0 out of 11 it shows ... i think thats a bug. on 3.17 i have them, but they dont save positions like the rest of the windows do. time to setup mrtg probably : )

GlueGuy
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:19 am

just to be clear, you mean the window placement isn't being saved, but the actual graphing data / history is still there. right ?
Essentially. The data still gets saved, but the graphs are not only not being placed correctly; they aren't put up at all.

For example, I almost always leave the log data window placed top-right. When I return, the main window gets restored to the same size (check), the log client window gets restored to the top-right corner (check), but the graphs are no where to be seen (no check).

I then have to go to tools->graphing and click on each of the interface graphs to get them to show in the default tiny-window. I then place/resize each graph to get it to the point where I would like to see it next time. They are never there when I return.

I did try your suggestion of with and without "restore previous session" a couple times, but never got the graphs to restore. :(

I suspect that the graph window placement/state is not being saved in the first place, as every other client window I leave when exiting returns as it was. Only the graphs do not restore.

BTW - This is on 3.11, the last stable release that I've tried. If this is fixed in 3.17, please ignore this. However, I did not see this on the release notes.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:39 pm

However, I did not see this on the release notes.
such little changes are never shown in changelog =)

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:10 pm

its not fixed in 3.17, i dont know if any 3.x version has this actually. probably a support ticket to ask if they would kindly add it back...

Sam