Community discussions

MikroTik App

lukef
Topic Author

SMTP FILTER

Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:17 pm

Hi There.
Im currently having a problem with spam. We have a spam filter which is removing the spam but we recieve alot of spam from about 100 external ip addresses. We recieve a small amount of legit email so im wondering if anyone has any scripts that will add IP addresses to a address list if they connect say 5 times to forward email to the mail filter in 1 minute etc.
Thanks in advance
Luke

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: SMTP FILTER

Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:13 pm

I don't understand you could control this on the recipient side. those spammers don't use your own SMTP server for sending, I suppose? in that case there is nothing you can do

welcome to the real world - of spam :)

dankerr
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: SMTP FILTER

Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:18 pm

Hi There.
Im currently having a problem with spam. We have a spam filter which is removing the spam but we recieve alot of spam from about 100 external ip addresses. We recieve a small amount of legit email so im wondering if anyone has any scripts that will add IP addresses to a address list if they connect say 5 times to forward email to the mail filter in 1 minute etc.
Thanks in advance
Luke

That's more a function of your spam filter, not your router/firewall. All of the systems I've worked with have the ability to auto blacklist cronic spammers.