Community discussions

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

strange behaviour..how?

Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:32 pm

Dear frds.

I came through a strange experience 1st time ever with mikrotik. i have got a point to point wireless link..suddenly this link went down. after doing a troubleshooting i noticed that one mikrotik was not working ( no power, no activity, no beep sound). then i took RB out of the box and give power supply directly through adapter. immediately the mikrotik boot and i heard a beep sound also. but still i cant see it in winbox. then i insert the cat5e cable directly on the RB Ethernet port. instead of inserting it out Ethernet port of the box(casing), and i now able to ping and see it in winbox.

means that when i insert cat5e cable directly into the Ethernet port of RB it is working but if i connect it with POE or Ethernet port of outdoor casing.

where is problem? is there is problem in Ethernet port of RB. is something is short in RB or is Ethernet port of RB is half damaged and not supporting the POE.

thx n regards.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: strange behaviour..how?

Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:35 pm

Have you tried with another PoE supply ?

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:51 am

yes i hav changed POE but no results.

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:04 am

what happens if you add poe to your external cable? router boots, but no data over ethernet cable?

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:34 am

ok finally i got it.. the RJ 45 socket of RB is not holding the RJ45 connector tightly. like when i just hold and push the RJ45 connector of cat5e cable into the RB Ethernet port...it works.. so i just tight it with adhesive tape.its working now.

thx u all for supporting n response.