Community discussions

MikroTik App

tomi_isp
Topic Author

Bridge -> lost VPN connections

Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:06 am

Hi,

I have one problem, scenario :
Mikrotik router (primary, firewall LAN<>INET)
there is 2 NICs, LAN (192.168.0.x/17) and DSL (10.0.0.1/30)
LAN side is used normalny for LAN
DSL is used to connect DSL modem, modem (10.0.0.2/30) is running in bridge mode = PPPoE connection is created on Mikrotik router, IPs for DSL is used just only to access web on modem.

Now problem, I changed DSL modem and new modem have Wifi and I want use it as part of LAN (192.168.0.x).
I try to made Bridge with LAN and DSL NICs, from DSL NIC on router I remove IP (10.0.0.1) and on modem I set IP from local subnet (192.168.0.x)...this work BUT when I do this, all VPNs (PPTP&L2TP) what come from Internet (Mikrotik is a server) is disconected inmediatelly (but PPPoE is still working) after activating bridge and they not want reconect until I not revert config back to non-bridge state.

What is wrong ? Have anyone idea what I do wrong or idea how do this better ?

Thanks for any help

/Tomi

roadrunner
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Bridge -> lost VPN connections

Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:15 am

You might need to move the IP addresses from being assigned to the interfaces, to assigned to the bridge interface that the physical interfaces are members of. You might also need to review the IP address block assignments. You had 192.168.0.x/17 before and now your new DSL router has 192.168.0.x/?? with some netmask you haven't listed, you might have some differences Network/Netmask between the two.

Another likely issue is that the DSL router is now doing NAT instead of your Mikrotik router. Your VPN worked because your Mikrotik router got a public IP through PPPoE. Now your DSL router is getting that public IP, and you now need to configure port-forwarding (dst-NAT) on the DSL router to forward VPN traffic to your Mikrotik Router.

tomi_isp
Topic Author

Re: Bridge -> lost VPN connections

Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:49 pm

You might need to move the IP addresses from being assigned to the interfaces, to assigned to the bridge interface that the physical interfaces are members of. You might also need to review the IP address block assignments. You had 192.168.0.x/17 before and now your new DSL router has 192.168.0.x/?? with some netmask you haven't listed, you might have some differences Network/Netmask between the two.

Another likely issue is that the DSL router is now doing NAT instead of your Mikrotik router. Your VPN worked because your Mikrotik router got a public IP through PPPoE. Now your DSL router is getting that public IP, and you now need to configure port-forwarding (dst-NAT) on the DSL router to forward VPN traffic to your Mikrotik Router.
hm, problem really could be in IP, I add bridge, remove IP from DSL NIC, assing LAN and DSL NIC to bridge but I leave IP on LAN NIC and not move it to Bridge, I try test it at evening ;)

DSL router is not a issue, all stuf like firewall/nat..is disabled on DSL router and DSL router work as simple DSL Bridge