I never setup a mt based HotSpot yet.
I just read in the MT Hotspot docs ( http://www.mikrotik.com/docs/ros/2.8/ip/hotspot.content ) and find that :
1. It can limit the Tx/Rx bitrate and byte.
If I use FreeRadius for the AAA , what Reply-Atribute di I have to add to that freeradius ?
2. "Universal Client feature may be used with HotSpot enabled-address method to provide IP network services regardless of client computers' IP network settings"
- Is it mean that if a user didn't set his/her computer to use DHCP and still using their own IP wich is not from our network and hi/she still able to use our network ? ( I remember the "zero config" feature of IP3 and AP-2500)
3. at -> http://www.mikrotik.com/hotspot.html , stated :
"Counters For User
Prepaid Time -- Prepaid hours. This counter starts working after the user is logged in for the first time and is counting the time until the Hours timeout is reached. It doesn't matter for this counter whether the user is online or not after his first login. The parameter can't be changed after the user has started the first session"
- is it mean that MT hotspot gateway can kick users out of it whenever they are out of time ?
- Can we do it with freeRadius instead of using Mikrotik's Hotspot Manager ? How ?