Community discussions

MikroTik App

proggams2
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

small problem with MIKROTIK HTTP PROXY

Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:27 pm

i would like to post a small bug or a small problem with the mikrotik proxy.
when i download something using the internet explorer(LETS take a file size 10MB) normal download, first time it uses the speed of internet and when its finished it saves the file in the cache. so the second time it downloads very quick.
But the problem is in mozilla or in download managers, for example i want to download the same file that is cached, i press on download and the speed is slow(not from cache) thats because the download manager of mozilla uses several connections from the server,so while pressing on download I REALIZED in the status of mikrotik proxy. that the file was deleted(cache becomes CACHE-10MB) , WHEREAS in the old mikrotik 2.9(SQUID) that thing was not true.I Used to download a cached file using the download manager and it used ONLY ONE connection and the speed was fast because it ws from cache.
im posing this issue so mikrotik team look into this and make their proxy better.
sorry for my bad english. :D

GuJack20
Trainer
Trainer

Re: small problem with MIKROTIK HTTP PROXY

Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:31 pm

Please learn the meaning of the word "bug"

proggams2
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:05 am

i dont have a dictionary, can u please help me find out whats the meaning and post it here.

GuJack20
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:09 am

Ok ok...i'm sorry.
I just can't have anymore of people "finding bugs", without having a clue of programming

I'm asking forgiveness again. :(
Last edited by GuJack20 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

proggams2
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:24 am

my isp disabled google what can i do ?? :(

proggams2
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:26 am

And im not asking you anymore CUT IT and go sleep.
im asking people with big brain.
thank you..

hulk-bd
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:14 pm

GuJack20,

This is not a English class and I think we understand what proggams2 wants to say. so stop being an ....... and let people ask their question freely.

NetworkPro
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:38 am

i would like to post a small bug or a small problem with the mikrotik proxy.
when i download something using the internet explorer(LETS take a file size 10MB) normal download, first time it uses the speed of internet and when its finished it saves the file in the cache. so the second time it downloads very quick.
But the problem is in mozilla or in download managers, for example i want to download the same file that is cached, i press on download and the speed is slow(not from cache) thats because the download manager of mozilla uses several connections from the server,so while pressing on download I REALIZED in the status of mikrotik proxy. that the file was deleted(cache becomes CACHE-10MB) , WHEREAS in the old mikrotik 2.9(SQUID) that thing was not true.I Used to download a cached file using the download manager and it used ONLY ONE connection and the speed was fast because it ws from cache.
im posing this issue so mikrotik team look into this and make their proxy better.
sorry for my bad english. :D
IE will re-download a file from its own cache. Your test could be compromised due to browser cache. The file you downloaded could have low time to live which expired in proxy cache.

Please repeat test and clean browser cache before each download. Thank you.

proggams2
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:16 pm

man im sure, and i cleaned the cache and what im saying in true u can try it ur self.
download a file from IE without any download manager.
delete your browser cache, redownload the same file again in the same way(no download manager) , fast download.
delete again ur IE cache and download the same file with any download manager .the download will be normal speed because it has been removed from cache(the cache will become for example CACHE-10MB if the file is 10MB) and i am really sure what im saying.
THIS thing was not true in the old mikrotik(I MEAN IN SQUID). download from download managers used to get files fast from cache if it was cached(OF course files downloaded from the first time from a download manager are not cached, it connects to many servers so no cache)
.Thx and sorry if someone did not understand on my sentenses :P

NetworkPro
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:26 pm

What is the download manager and what version? Some dl managers have options to "not download from cache". This probably means they negotiate that on purpose with the HTTP protocol.

proggams2
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:50 pm

i tried on both internet download manager IDM , and download accelerator.
But how it can negotiate a protocol with a transparent proxy.
its HTTP port 80 nothing changes.

nemonet
just joined

Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:25 pm

please I want the way countries activate the Cash Download .

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:45 am

I think it's because download managers download the file in parts, and these parts don't match with the file that was stored in the proxy. maybe I'm wrong of course, but it sounds like this could be the problem

proggams2
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:42 am

Normis ur 100% saying true, but what im saying is, the squid when the file was cached with no download manager , and when downloading it with download manager it will directly take the download from cache and very fast, whereas the http proxy doesn't do it, upon downloading a cached file from download manager it will delete the cached file from the disk.
that's all