MikroTik App

miles
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

User Manager and HotSpot

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi Guys.
I have user manager and hotspot running in separated server one is user manager/radius and one is hotspot server.
I wanted to know can I add one more HotSpot server in separate machine and to use the same user manager as database.
Any quick answer will help me a lot,

Regards
Selim.

JJCinAZ

Re: User Manager and HotSpot

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:02 pm

Yes! Just point additional hotspot at existing radius server (User Mgr) and add new hotspot to user mgr.

miles
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:34 am

Hi JJCinAZ
JJ Thanks for your replay .
I do have another question related to the question above. I have split the Radius or User Manager from HotSpot so the user manager is standalone PC with good performance. The reason I did that is because when i was running user manager and hotspot in same machine (PC) I was getting RADIUS accounting request not sent: no response . When I split for 6 days was going good but last night happen RADIUS accounting request not sent: no response and I had to reboot the HotSpot Server.

Any ideas will help me a lot.

Thx
Selim

JJCinAZ

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:43 am

So you rebooted the Hotspot and not the User Manager? I don't have that problem. I too have split the User Manager and hotspots. My User Manager is running on 2.9.51 and has been up for 193 days. My hotspots are almost all 3.13 and a few 3.20 units. Again I haven't had to reboot those to keep them working.

miles
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:04 pm

Hi Again JJCinAZ
Yes I did reboot the HotSpot not the User Manager (Radius). After I reboot the HotSpot server is good to go after I reboot.
So far is good now. Hmmm I'm thinking to down grade the user manager because my users manager running on 3.20 all even HotSpots.
But very thanks from you JJCinAZ.
I forget to mentioned something 1st HotSpot has traffic 35 MBit/s 2nd , around 24 Mbit/s and the 3rd has around 18 to 20 Mbit/s.
Again thanks a lot.

Selim

miles
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:51 pm

Hi JJCinAZ
I have split user manager and hotspot.
Now I want other two hotspot running with user manager on it. Can I include the even they have user manager on it to ask for user manager I have split which is standalone User Manager.
Any ideas will help

thx selim