MikroTik App

swissiws
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Help needed choosing router boards and bridge/routing

Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:06 pm

Hello Forum

I am having the choice of putting a proposal for a wireless network with client access points together. The main challenge I am facing is dense bush and lots of palm trees. I am located in the tropics.
Therefore, none of the access points will unlikely serve more than 3-5 concurrent connections. Additionally, the internet speed is very limited due to satellite connections (Each client will be speed rate restricted).

I am hoping you can give me some hints and tips and recommodations, what RB's and the better option between bridge/routing you would choose to setup a stable MT wireless network.

Based on the attached network diagram, my questions are:
Which router boards would you recommend to use?

Would I be able to use the following listed kit? (numbers as found in attached document)
1) RB/450G -- Bridged ports E2-E5, running DHCP,DNS,Hotspot -- E1 is routing traffic to internet, max 20 concurrent connections.
2 and 3) RB/433, each with 2xR52
4 - 15) RB/CRD, each configured as AP, bridge-mesh

Additional question:
- Do you think WDS-bridge is the way to go and use wireless mesh HWMP+ protocol?
- Do you think I would be better off using routing and OSPF instead of bridging?
- As to reduce CPE AP costs, running WDS and AP on one radio means, same frequency, on all MT's. Any challenges I have to expect?

Looking forward to learn!

Matt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

swissiws
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Help needed choosing router boards and bridge/routing

Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:15 am

too difficult?

mmmm

Matt