Community discussions

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

HELP WITH TRANSPARENT PROXY WITH HOTSPOT

Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:26 pm

hello all,
I want to know if it will be good to run both hotspot and transparent proxy for my lan. I have setup the hotspot and working perfectly but i have not setup the web proxy cus i am afraid it might crash. what are the basic seetings for transparent proxy for my lan, and that will allow secure sites to opened.

How do i delete the cache in the system.

thanks
obinna

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: HELP WITH TRANSPARENT PROXY WITH HOTSPOT

Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:12 am

When you setup HotSpot by /ip hotspot setup command, transparent-proxy in HotSpot is enabeld by default.
You do not need to set any settings, but you can use /ip proxy access and all other menus from /ip proxy.

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: HELP WITH TRANSPARENT PROXY WITH HOTSPOT

Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:52 pm

i setup my hotpsot thru winbox as i am not familiar with commandline. What i am asking is that, if i enable transparent web proxy for my lan, will it affect my hotspot in anyway, becos i want my MT to cache websites so that my hotpsot users will not make request frequently to the internet. When all these sites are cached, how to i clean them assuming i suspect it is getting filled up or dragging my systems down.

what is the basic steps to set up a web proxy in MT so that even some https sites will be opened.