Community discussions

MikroTik App

akmjahangir
Topic Author

Hardware(CPU) problem of 1000U

Wed May 13, 2009 12:27 pm

Dear Brothers,
Is there any hardware problem/complain of 1000U.
China distributor name CDNAT told me not to use 1000U. He has found welding problem of CPU.
Advance Thanks for sharing your experience.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Hardware(CPU) problem of 1000U

Wed May 13, 2009 12:28 pm

Previous batches of RB1000 had a problem when you kicked the device around, and were rough with it, the CPU radiator could fall off. First of all - don't kick your routers :) second - this is solved in new batches.

QpoX

Wed May 13, 2009 12:45 pm

Previous batches of RB1000 had a problem when you kicked the device around, and were rough with it, the CPU radiator could fall off. First of all - don't kick your routers :) second - this is solved in new batches.
When something does not work, you need to kick it... what else helps? :)
Like when your computer has problems, you smack the screen! it does help...

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed May 13, 2009 12:52 pm

sure, but I don't think the Apple store will tell you - don't buy the macs, they break when you kick them :D

jimbojones
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat May 16, 2009 5:25 am

sure, but I don't think the Apple store will tell you - don't buy the macs, they break when you kick them :D
Your dead right Normis.... They say "upgrade me for no apparent reason, and for the priviledge, pay twice the price, to get half the functionality of anything else" :lol: :lol: :lol:

dawam
Trainer
Trainer

Sat May 16, 2009 7:29 am

I have been using a few RB 1000u ROS V 3.9 almost a year now ( replacing my X86 box), PPPOE and Hotspot server, firewall, Bandwidth management, Powering service to a small town. Not a single problem yet :D .

No, I don't kick them because there are performing. :lol:

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon May 18, 2009 9:27 am

Your dead right Normis.... They say "upgrade me for no apparent reason, and for the priviledge, pay twice the price, to get half the functionality of anything else" :lol: :lol: :lol:
You got it wrong - it's the opposite. Macs are the only computers that don't degrade performance with time. I have mine for years, and it still is fast, because they don't try to squeeze money from you by intentionally slowing down software, like you-know-who does ;)

enough with the religion war now! back to mikrotik topics.

QpoX

Mon May 18, 2009 12:49 pm

You got it wrong - it's the opposite. Macs are the only computers that don't degrade performance with time. I have mine for years, and it still is fast, because they don't try to squeeze money from you by intentionally slowing down software, like you-know-who does ;)

enough with the religion war now! back to mikrotik topics.
An Apple a day, keeps the pc-doctor away? :)