Community discussions

MikroTik App

infomate
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Hotspot Manager session log / time-left is empty

Tue May 24, 2005 8:06 am

The Hotspot Manager's session log is always empty. The time-left column is blank, the status column is always in "inactive" state even if user is logged-in

edzix

Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:45 pm

you are probably doing some NAT before your HotSpot gateway. Try to add the public IP of your HS gateway to Hotspot Manager Hosts tab, that should fix the problem.

Edgars

infomate
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:19 pm

You are right on the spot. My MT router if behind a modem/router with NAT and Firewall active. The MT router IP address is on the LAN network of the modem/router (it becomes the gateway of MT's public interface). Is there any possible workaround? I might consider taking out the modem/router but I only have a USB modem supplied by my ISP. Can I use a USB modem connected to my MT router?

wildbill442
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:30 pm

USB only? It should have an ethernet interface on it.. I don't believe there is any support for USB modems in RouterOS.

stephenpatrick
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:38 am

... Right ... but it might be a lot cheaper, and sometimes easier to integrate, to have USB modem support ... though perhaps limited (for software sanity) to only support a few makes - thoughts?

infomate
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:31 am

you are probably doing some NAT before your HotSpot gateway. Try to add the public IP of your HS gateway to Hotspot Manager Hosts tab, that should fix the problem.

Edgars
I have placed the MT IP address (private IP network) on my modem/routers DMZ. I can access the MT router from a remote Winbox connection by specifiying the port 8081. (I have a dynamic public IP and I use dyndns.org)
Question 1:
If a host is on DMZ, is the IP still NATed to the internet?
Question 2:
Can I do port forwarding (RADIUS ports) on my modem/router and get a one-to-one connection to the Hotspot Manager?

If any of these will work, it would save me a trip to buy a new modem! :D

edzix

Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:37 pm

Question 1:
If a host is on DMZ, is the IP still NATed to the internet?

Question 2:
Can I do port forwarding (RADIUS ports) on my modem/router and get a one-to-one connection to the Hotspot Manager?
doesn't matter whther you are forwarding any ports or whatever. If there are al least two machines accessing HS Manager then the public IP address of the Hotspot gateway should be present in HS Manager to do a proper accounting. Yhis could be changed after some while (will work not depending on whether the HS gateway is local or public box.)

Edgars