MikroTik App

miles
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

HotSpot Problem

Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:29 am

Hi All.
I Have hotspot up and running. On this hotspot I have one GW with 7 Station connected on this GW and running just find.
When I'm trying to connect second GW with 6 Station connect on it . I'm able to ping DNS GW, If I type ip address of hotspot I can get login page type username and password I can logon but I can't surf. What can be the problem if anybody can help I really appreciate.

Thx
Selim

nejcs
Trainer
Trainer

Re: HotSpot Problem

Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:55 pm

HI,

looks like two differnt problems to me. Did you enable remote dns queries? The other one would be routing or NAT problem, what do you get if you traceroute from hotspot to some external location?

nejc

miles
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: HotSpot Problem

Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:20 pm

Hi nejcs
First of all thanks for you replay.
My connection from end client to internet is like this I will try to give you best describe.
Client<>Switch<>AP-Station<>GW<> P2P <> Cisco Main Switch (This is where all traffic goes out on this switch, my back bone is connected. <> MY ISP Internet.
From client I can ping , I can trace route to internet , my local hotspot ip is 10.10.10.1 If I type the hotspot ip I can get login page but when I type my username and password after that I can't go out on internet . But if the user open the browser they don't redirected to the log in page if the are not log on this is where I"m suspicion .
I do have same network somewhere else same this just I don't know what I'm missing ..
I did enable allow-remote-request-yes but don't help.
Is there any way on Mikrotik I can see if I do have conflict ip address which I'm don't think I have but never know.

Take care
Selim