Has anyone made any comparison between a RB1000 and a Intel Atom powered board?
Intel® Desktop Board D945GSEJT (Atom 270 - single Core) 12v powered
Intel® Desktop Board D945GCLF2/D945GCLF2D (Atom 330 - Dual Core)
Or a complete Supermicro Atom server like this one:
1U Supermicro X7SLA-H Intel Atom 1.6GHz Dual Core
Chipset: Intel® 945GC Chipset
Dimensions: 1U x 19" x 9.6" Depth
1. Intel® Atom™ 330 Dual-Core 1.6GHz 533FSB
2. 2GB DDR2 667 SDRAM
3. 1x PCI-Express x8 Slot
4. 2x Realtek RTL8111C-GR Gigabit LAN
5. Intel® ICH7R 4-Port SATA 3.0Gbps Controller
6. 1 x 3.5" Internal Drive Bay
7. Onboard GMA950 Video Controller
8. 200W Low-Noise High-efficiency Power Supply
9. 80GB Seagate SATA-II 3.5IN 7200RPM 8MB
Motherboard Manufacturer Page
Chassis Manufacturer Page
At the incredible price of $310
Adding a level 4 license (i don't level 6 license of rb1000 in most of my servers nor more than two ethernet adapters) will give me $355 half the price of a rb1000. But, I'm really wondering about performance.
Any tests will be really appreciated.