Community discussions

MikroTik App

DockLine
Topic Author

WISP networking / hotspot

Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:52 am

I am new to the Mikrotik community...I am using a RouterBoard 532 with level 5 license and still learning with the system. It has the latest version of 2.9. I do not yet have it online on my WISP.

I would like to use the Mikrotik as my main router...still using my existing Tranzeo Access Point. I would also like to use the hotspot capability....

I have the Hotspot Gateway working, but I cannot figure out how to do the following:

I want the Hotspot Gateway to be only seen by some IP addresses...others will be regular monthly customers and I do not want them to have to go through the Hotspot Gateway. I would like to use one gateway for several small hotspots around the village I live in.

In the example below I would like the 10.168.1.15 Access Point to have to go through the Hotspot Gateway, but the CPE at 10.168.1.xx I would like to just use the Mikrotik's other routing features.

I suspect this can be solved through proper subnetting....but I have not yet made it work.

How can I network this?

ofasa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:26 pm

You could just enable mac pass through on the hotspot gateway for the cpe's you don't want to use the hotspot login.

mperdue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:29 pm

By the way that command is as follows:

/ ip firewall mangle
add src-mac-address=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx action=passthrough mark-flow=hs-auth \
comment="Put what ever you want here" disabled=no

DockLine
Topic Author

Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:18 pm

Thank you....between the advice above and discovered the Hotspot Gateway IP binding bypass feature, I have it working.