Community discussions

MikroTik App

gopstein
just joined
Topic Author

Capturing email address in Hotspot login

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:19 pm

I'm running ROS 3.x on a RB450. Hotspot is up and running on one of the interfaces. Another interface goes out to the Internet via cable modem. A third interface is set up with the 10.x.x.x network for servers, etc.

I would like to configure the hostpot network so a custom page (with graphics) is displayed as the login page. The only entry field on the login page should be an email address field. Whatever the user enters there would be stored somewhere and the user logged in (regardless of what they entered).

I have a Windows http server on the 10.x.x.x network configured as a walled-garden for the hostspot network, so users can get there before login.

Any suggestions on how to show the custom login page? E.g. put the whole login page on the RB450 vs the Windows server? How should I capture the email address from the login page - I assume on the Windows box, not the RB450...

I don't need exact instructions, just an overview (e.g. put the login page here, redirect there, write a script to do whatever, etc.)

Thanks.
Rich

Etza

Re: Capturing email address in Hotspot login

Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:37 pm

hi,
can i help me ?
i want the same
do you have solution for this ???

majedalanni
just joined

Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:24 pm

I'm looking same thing, did you ever solve this issue?

tms
just joined

Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:45 pm

It is a very old thread, but I am in the situation - I want to give a free trial to the users AFTER they type in their email address.
Is it possible to save the mail addresses only with the Mikrotik? If they login with email I can export the log file few times a day - but how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

ik3umt
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:36 am

Funny,

2009, 2013, 2016, 2017
Now I have this need in 2019 :? :?

No answers yet, I can't believe there isn't a solution in such a powerful OS

Just a trial login after email field is filled and email value saved somewhere .....

Any suggestion for the inexperienced people ??

Thanks a lot !!!

Thor187
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:19 am

User hits the Hotspot. Redirect them immediately to an external Linux server running PHP. The page they're redirected to now asks for their email address. When they submit their email, Post them back to the HotSpot server.

#profit

valovena
just joined

Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:24 pm

how can i redirect without login ? and back to mikrotik login page ???

tnlnet
just joined

Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:00 pm

User hits the Hotspot. Redirect them immediately to an external Linux server running PHP. The page they're redirected to now asks for their email address. When they submit their email, Post them back to the HotSpot server.

#profit
I have done it this way before. You just have to create a default username and password on the Mikrotik router and increase shared login. The external PHP script would send this detail to user's browser for auto login.