Community discussions

MikroTik App

hitek146
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Urgent help with PPPoE Bug/Misbehaviour

Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:45 pm

I have one Intel tower running RC2, with RB532 clients using PPPoE with Encryption. Two of the clients on this tower are constantly pulling new IP addresses with multiple PPPoE logins, while I have all the secrets and PPPoE configurations on both the tower unit and the clients all set to only allow one login.... The addtional connections are also not Encrypted, which is directly against the settings on both the tower unit and the clients... All multiple IP addresses are assigned to the same MAC addresses, and the Wireless Registration list only shows the clients that are supposed to be there, once each.... My other towers are not doing this, yet they are identically configured. I updated one of the CPEs to RC5, but this did not help. I am cautious of updated the tower unit unattended, unless I were to know that this problem was corrected in the latest build. The RC5 changelog states that multiple IP address assignments were corrected for manually removed PPP interfaces, but this is happening when I have not manually removed any PPP connection, as stated in the changelog... Also, if this is a problem with pre-RC5 versions, then why are my other towers with the same equipment and configuration not doing this? I should also note that, after several connections from one client have established, the PPP Active Connections dialog shows the set total bandwidth of that CPEs radio being split up amongst two or more of the PPPoE connections with the same MAC address....

Hitek

hitek146
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:59 pm

I have traced the problem back to the CPE(which was configured as a bridged repeater), and the fact that station bridging no longer works properly...

Hitek

EDIT: That unit acting as a bridge/repeater wasn't actually the problem, after all. Even after disabling the bridge/repeater, the problem still occured, I just didn't notice it immediately, and the problem still continues to occur on units that were never specially configured at all......