Community discussions

MikroTik App

paams
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

PPTP link to bridge two Mikrtik routers over Inernet

Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:05 am

Hello There! I am using two Mikrotik routers one in the city(RB450) and other one at home(RB750). Both these routers are connected to two different ISPs. In the city router RB 450's ether1 is connected to the ISPs DSL line which gets dynamic IP from the ISP and other one RB750 at home is connected to LAN port with ether2 and ISP's internet connection is through my PC's wireless card(WISP), who is also providing dynamic IP to connect to the net. Now i want to access my RB450 router in the city to check its status and further network connected to this router. I have follow the PPTP setup guide at documentation page at Mikrotik site to connect these ones, but it didn't work to me. I have also checked with connecting the LAN port of my PC at which RB750 is connected at home to connect to the wireless card of PC through ICS setting in network connection window for internet sharing with LAN, but can't connect to the RB450 in the city over internet. Is anybody there who could please let me guide with a step-by-step PPTP configuration procedure in Winbox to bridge these two router boards through two differently connected ISPs internet connections, who are using dynamic IP addressing scheme to its clients.

Thanks,
Paams